Art & Nature, Elevated!
From 4 – 27 March 2022, the Matiatia Coastal walkway on Waiheke Island will once again be transformed into an Art Scape like no other.
An acclaimed collection of distinctive contemporary landscape sculptures dress an iconic headland, as if in a stunning cloak of art.
Walk, talk, connect and reflect as you encounter site-responsive sculpture up close and personal against a backdrop of magnificent vistas over the Haruaki Gulf on Waiheke Island.
Experience Art and Nature, Elevated!
Enjoy an Expanded Programme
With most works located on the Matiatia walkway, the event footprint will also include art installations in the Artworks precinct. Giving you a chance to explore more of Oneroa Village and Waiheke Island. The small sculpture exhibition will showcase at the Waiheke Community Art Gallery, where our artists have smaller maquettes inspired by their work on the walkway.
Ready, set, RED, we are SAFELY going ahead
We are delighted to confirm that Perpetual Guardian Sculpture on the Gulf 2022 is able to operate at the Red light setting. Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework, we are required to adhere to provisions and safety guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health and demonstrate detailed planning of how the event can be safely managed. We have everything in place to welcome you from March 4th for your spectacular outdoor Art and Nature escape!
- All attendees 12 years and over will be required to show their My Vaccine Pass.
- Face masks will be encouraged in all indoor settings and public transport.
- Contact tracing will be implemented through the availability of the NZ Government QR code and a manual contact tracing process in place at all sites
- Capacity management will be in place, with groups of 100 people allowed onto the 2.5km track at intervals with 1-meter social distancing.
- Signage will be in place to communicate the one-way direction of the walkway.
- The width of the pathway will ensure group separation. SOTG staff and volunteers will be there to ensure social distancing.
- 32-38 Person event shuttle buses from Matiatia to the Event Entry (Te Miro Lane) will help manage capacity limits.
- There will be a 20-30 minute spaced scheduling of event shuttle buses from Matiatia to the Event entry (Te Miro Lane)
- Private vehicle and on foot attendees will be admitted as capacity allows.
- Safe Hygiene Practices will include hand sanitiser stations, monitoring and cleaning of surfaces and professional cleaning of bathroom facilities.
The event will be a ticket only event for 2022.
Tickets are $15pp (entry) and $5pp (shuttle bus).
Children 15 and under are free of charge.
Tickets are available online at www.sotg.nz as well as Eventfinda and will be available for sale on the day at the Information tent and start of the walkway. Tickets can also be redeemed with the Explore Tamaki Makaurau vouchers, for those who registered for the programme. Tickets are refundable in the event of cancellation due to COVID-19.
- Tickets purchased online are not date specific. You are able to attend the event on any day you choose between 4 – 27 March 2022.